Re: PPP Problem

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:00:34 EDT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 OZhang@tsibroadband.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We enabled TACACS on a 7513 router, then all PPP links failed. Is
> there additional configuration required besides "encap ppp" for the serial
> links if TACACS is enabled ?

That's a fun one, isn't it?

This router is only running HDLC links, so what we have is this:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication login consoleport local
aaa authentication login vtys local
aaa authentication ppp default radius
aaa authorization network radius

However, digging around it looks like a line like so might do it:

Old-Slip-gw(config)#aaa authentication ppp default if-needed tacacs+

If you are only enabling tacacs for admin access to the router, you can
set the above line to be:

Old-Slip-gw(config)#aaa authentication ppp default none

Charles