[nsp] REG: MPLS VPN's

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:45:30 EDT

A warm Hi to everyone out here..

Thanks a ton for all the help, I have recieved on MPLS. I do have a
question, on how the sizing of backbone bandwidth is done to provide MPLS
VPN services, I mean to say what is the extent of oversubscription that
can be made on an MPLS network. For example if I am to sell services on a
E1 (2.048 Mbps) circuit, what could be the ratio of oversubscription, Can
it be 1:5 / 1:10. Assuming the applications are standard IP based apps, no
real time apps such as voice / video.

Kindly advice

With Kind regards
Vinod.