RE: [nsp] REG: MPLS VPN's

From: Scott Morris (smorris@mentortech.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 14:39:01 EDT

Wow... Well.... I really don't think that using MPLS is going to affect
whatever oversubscription metrics you build into a network design... So, I
guess I'd say design it how you normally would, and pay attention to what
your utilization actually us on particular links rather than say 1:5 or
1:10... Pick yourself a number (70%, 80%?) that if the consistent
utilization reaches that point, then you'll expand your link.

I don't think there's a good way to answer that... It's a corporate policy,
not a networking necessity... (It's that Layer 8 stuff: Accounting!)

Scott