[nsp] MPLS Traffic engineering

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 05:58:46 EST

Hi All,

Thanks a lot once again for all the advice I have recieved. In the
mentioned versions of IOS, Can the OSPF support for Traffic enginnering be
extended to multiple OSPF areas, Because I was reading one of the Cisco
docs which was stating that the current OSPF support for TE is only for a
single area ie area 0.

While providing Internet access for a VPN customer, As mentioned if I
provide a default route in the global table, How does the route statement
apply, I mean how will I ensure that destination prefixes that are not
allowed to be routed for a particular customer do not choose the global
static route. For eg If VPN customer A is only authorized to access
destination prefix "192.168.100.0" which is part of his Intranet, & if he
tries to access another another prefix say "172.27.135.0", Will the global
table having the default route be referenced?

Another long standing confusion on how do we provide MPLS services for
mobile users, providing a dialup user seamless access to his corporate site
without using any encryption like IPSEC etc. Is it possible to do so
similar to doing it on leased circuits.

Kindly advice

Warm regards,
Vinod.