[nsp] Connected routes missing after reboot

From: Scott.Keoseyan@BroadWing.com
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 10:03:22 EST

I have a 7505 that is really acting strange...

Upon reboot, some of the directly connected IP routes no longer appear in
the routing table even though the interface shows UP/UP. The router cannot
ping destinations normally reachable from this interface, and the router
cannot ping its own interface either. There is even an ARP entry for the
interface in the router.

In addition, none of the static routes configured to use this interface
appear. I would expect this as it would be normal behavior for static
routes if the interface was down, but it gets weirder...

When I simply re-enter the static routes on the command line and set the
gateway for these routes to be a destination on the missing directly
connected network, the directly connected route then re-appears for that
interface. The router begins to function normally.

My question is... am I just having a 'cisco moment' and go ahead and open a
case with the TAC or could I be doing something wrong?

Thanks for most input...

Scott

--
 Scott A. Keoseyan (sak@broadwing.com)
 Principal Engineer - Lab Services

* Company name mentioned for identification purposes only. These ramblings are my own opinions