PoS and GRE Tunneling - Performance Question

From: Nipun Bhatt (nbhatt@mentortech.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 15:51:35 EST

I have a situation where I might need to do "IPX Tunneling using 6 GRE
Tunnels, one each over 6 OC-3 Packet-over-SONET connections". These
tunnels may need to throttle at full speed (OC-3) during Data Backup
procedures. Cisco
evidently does not support native IPX encapsulation on PoS (PPP encap)
yet.

My question:

1. Performance if I use Cisco 7206s VXRs w/NSE-1 engine?
2. Performance if I use Cisco 7513s w/RSP8 & VIP4-80s?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,
Nipun.