RE: [nsp] Hi

From: Michael K. Smith (mksmith@semaphore.com)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 11:45:52 EST

Hello:

If you stick with RFC1483, using a single PVC for the entire bridge and all
protocols instead of using VC-Mux, I think things will work as you wish.
You can do direct PVC to VLAN binding with the LANE modules on the Catalyst
going to an LS1010. In that case, all of your traffic will be carried
across the entire bridge, irrespective of the protocol type. So, all
devices on the bridged segment will see broadcast, multicast and unicast
packets for that bridge segment.

Mike