Re: Setting next-hop-self on iBGP peerings

From: Martin Cooper (mjc@cooper.org.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 18:35:42 EST

F. David Sinn <dsinn@cisco.com> writes:

> I'm not 100% following why you are redistributing
> connected and static into iBGP. Can you elaborate
> (either on or off the list)?

We're not a transit ISP - we're single homed and
most of our edge networks are directly-connected.

The reason for redistributing connected and static
is that if we did otherwise, we would have zillions
of network statements on our edge routers and we'd
have to update them every time we added a new edge
network VLAN interface.

M.