Re: [nsp] 7204 FTP Performance revisited

From: Paul Williams (paul.williams@eurobet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 06:16:02 EST

Ok may be i was kinda vague on my first mail...but thats because i've been
dropped in the deep end, and with only 1yr experience its a bloody deep
pool!

OK, we have 2 7204, 2 x 2 megs on 1 and 3 x 2 megs on the other. The 4 meg
is configured for LAN traffic 2 way the 6 meg for web traffic. HSRP has been
configured to failover if either of the routers drops and take all the
traffic across one. 2 PIX firewalls sit between that and 2 4000 series Cat
switches then the network(s). The routers show quite a high level of
retransmissions, CRC errors, aborts and Input errors, particularly when we
are transferring database log file across the links via FTP. These files
are 30 Mb each and we have to transfer approx 100 a day and at 40Kb/sec its
too slow.

Dont mean to sound dumb but i have to try and get to the bottom of this so
any suggestions will be very welcome but remember u guys have probably been
at this a lot longet than me so be gentle!!

Paul Williams