Re: [nsp] Cisco 7200

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 11:57:59 EST

        I understand there have been less problems with the NPE-400
than with the NSE-1

        I've been recommending the NPE-400 as it can carry 1M paths
from multiple providers properly which is necessary in some multihomed
environments. The added memory capacity is a big win also, I just
wish there was a way to upgrade my npe-150's without doing a full
chassis swap..

        - jared

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 05:30:34PM -0500, Deepak Jain wrote:

> The NPE-400 supports 512MB of RAM. Is there a generally understood
> preference between an NPE-400 and an NSE-1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deepak
>
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Christian Kratzer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Deepak Jain wrote:
> >

> > > I am looking for the consensus opinion on the minimum processor/memory
> > > required on a 7200 to run a dual port T3 card and FE uplink at wirespeed
> > > w/ full BGP on all three? (Minimum implies that the router will actually
> > > respond to pings and telnet sessions without difficulty)
> >
> > you will want to Max out memory to 256mb if running with more than
> > one full bgp feed.
> >
> > Greetings
> > Christian Kratzer
> > Toplink
> >
> > --
> > TopLink Internet Services GmbH ck@171.2.195.in-addr.arpa
> > Christian Kratzer http://www.toplink.net/
> > Phone: +49 7032 2701-0
> > Fax: +49 7032 2701-19 FreeBSD spoken here!

END OF LINE  | Manager of IP networks built within my own home