RE: [nsp] BGP in 6509

From: Rubens Kuhl Jr. (rkuhljr@uol.com.br)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 13:24:09 EST

Redundant 6500 Sup's/MSFC's are not your friends if you're not running IOS
on the Supervisor; with CatOS, switching from primary to standby supervisor
can have a variety of effects ranging from L3-routing stopping, ACL
processing gone mad or slow... unfortunately, SupIOS current version still
lacks some cool L2-features like PrivateVLANs. Prefer one of the following
scenarios:

1) 2 Supervisors with no MSFC running CatOS
2) 2 Supervisors with MSFC running SupIOS
3) 2 boxes with 1 Supervisor with MSFC running CatOS

Rubens Kuhl Jr.