Re: SRP/DPT (was: Re: [nsp] GE switch)

From: dave o'leary (doleary@juniper.net)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 03:43:58 EST

At 01:36 PM 12/7/00 -0500, Dave Cooper wrote:
>See Cisco's intellectual property rights notice as posted on
>the IETF page. Pertains to work done in draft-tsiang-srp-02.txt.
>http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/CISCO-SDR
>
>-dave

It is my understanding that SRP is the protocol that Cisco has
specified, and DPT is their implementation of that protocol.

Regarding Pentacom, check out this announcement.

                                                 dave

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/146/pressroom/2000/jun00/corp_061600b.htm

Cisco Systems Completes Acquisition of Pentacom

SAN JOSE, Calif., June 16, 2000 - Cisco Systems, Inc., today announced
it has completed the acquisition of Pentacom of Herzliya, Israel.

On April 11, 2000, Cisco announced a definitive agreement to acquire
Pentacom, a leading provider of products implementing Spatial Reuse
Protocol (SRP) which allows IP based metropolitan networks to offer the
same protection and restoration benefits as SONET-based networks while
doubling bandwidth efficiency. This acquisition is being accounted for using
purchase accounting.