[nsp] firmware upgrade on PIX 520

From: Lim, Jason (Jason.Lim@cwasia.net)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 02:42:08 EST

Hello guys,

I have two cisco PIX 520 with 128M ram that are running firmware of 4.4(1).
The two PIX is running with a failover configuration. I have tried to
upgrade the 5.1(4).From the documentations, it recommands a progressive
upgrade before jumping to 5.1(4). I am succesful in upgrading it to 4.4(5).
Since 5.1(4) meet the minimum memory requirement, next I tried to upgrade to
5.1(4). But when the installation is completed, it give an error message of
"CHECKSUM error"

Does this mean that the PIX is not upgradable to this version ? Also I would
like to know the minmum upgrade patch that is needed to patch any security
flaw in 4.4(1)

Thanks!

Regards
Jason