RE: [nsp] Chanelized E1

From: F. David Sinn (dsinn@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 10:56:22 EST

The channelized E1 card can work as you describe. It won't automatically be
able to identify the timeslots, you will need to configure them based on how
the Telco maps the two circuits. Once configured it will look like you have
two serial interfaces, each mapped to the appropriate customer location.

One thing it will not do is act as a actual digital cross connect. You can
not map channels through it (i.e. take channel A and map it to channel B),
it will only terminate channels. It also does not have the ability to act
as a add/drop CSU/DSU. Any channels you want pulled off for other
applications, need to be done before it gets to the router.

David