[nsp] IOS Version

From: John Gonzalez/netMDC admin (ekool@ns1.netmdc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 12:22:11 EST

I'm on ciscos website, and i'm trying to determine something. I'm an IOS
newbie (and a cisco newbie pretty much) so forgive me for being a little
green.

We have a 3640 that we are testing out DSLAM's with. We have it currently
handling a couple of PTP T1's, and also have a 4 Port T1-IMA card
installed and working. We just plugged a NM-1A-T3= card into it, and we
are trying to bring it up. However, our IOS doesnt support it, and we had
to upgrade our IOS just to support the T1-IMA card.

Currently, we are running:

Version 12.0(7)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE

The HW matrix says that we need 12.1(2)T

However, the matrix also does not show support for the T1 IMA card in that
release, it merely goes up to:

12.1(1)T

I'm not knowledgeable enough about the cisco method of versioning to know
wether that is a significant enough version change to mean that it wont
work (or will work) or if its just a newer version, etc. Any help would be
appreciated. Also, it appears that i have pretty much zero choice in the
IOS if i want to run this ATM DS3 card. Is anyone currently using this IOS
version on their gear, and does it seem to be decent, or is it plauged
with problems?

Any feedback is appreciated, any IOS configs would also be greatly
appreciated if you are currently using this card with anyone/doing DSL.

TIA.

--
John Gonzalez / johng@netmdc.com / johng@tularosa.net
Tularosa Communications, Inc. (505) 439-0200 voice / (505) 443-1228 fax