RE: [nsp] Chanelized E1

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 05:26:52 EST

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for the advice. We would actually be using the Channelized E1
card for terminating the streams, & from there on get it routed by IP.
Therefore I believe we would not require any cross connect. In my scenario
the customer will be using a RAD TDM Multiplexer mapping timeslots to
destinations, & the telco will transparently pass the streams, Now I
understand that I would be able to match the timeslots passed on from the
customer using an NM-2CE1B card on the Cisco 3662 router. Kindly correct
me if I am wrong.

What difference does the T1/E1 PA for the 7200 (PA-MCX-xTE1) have, when
compared to the NM-2CE1B on the 3662? When you say drop & insert, does it
mean functions similar to a cross connect, or else is it similar to the
NM-2CE1B?

Kindly advice,

Wish you all a very Happy New year.

With warm regards,