Re: [nsp] Cisco 7206VXR + IPSec lan2lan experience

From: Karl S. Hagen (khagen@greyhelm.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 01:05:04 EST

   Ive been using 7206's with NPE200 and no ISA's.. doing 20 - 30
  IPSEC encrypted GRE Tunnels... the CPU isnt even breathing heavy.

   We have 7206VXR's with ISA and NPE300's going 100Mbit Ethernet
  encryption.. (basically GRE TUnnel with IPSEC wrapped around it).
   Again.. the 7206 isnt even breathing hard.

   Honestly, the Altiga isnt a very clean way to do Site-to-Site, I
   prefer a 2621 or 3640 connecting back to a 7206. Works like a champ.

Thus spake Shane Amante (shane@amante.org):

--
Karl S. Hagen                                   email: khagen@greyhelm.com
Cisco Certified Network Assoc. (CCNA)           pager email: 4317622@skytel.com