RE: [nsp] Rate Limiting

From: Bremen K H Lee (blee@ocen.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 21:56:59 EST

Hi Ramos,

In fact CAR allow you to burst. Below is an abstract from the Cisco web
page
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/qos_c
/qcpart1/qccar.htm

"In this example, a customer is connected to an Internet service provider
(ISP) by a T3 link. The ISP wants to rate limit the customer's transmissions
to 20 Mbps of the 45 Mbps. In addition, the customer is allowed to transmit
bursts of 24000 bytes. All exceeding packets are dropped. The following
commands are configured on the ISP's High-Speed Serial Interface (HSSI)
connected to the customer:

interface Hssi0/0/0
description 45Mbps to R1 rate-limit input 20000000 24000 24000
conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
ip address 200.200.14.250 255.255.255.252
rate-limit output 20000000 24000 24000 conform-action transmit exceed-action
drop"

Cheers,

Bremen