[nsp] Reg: MPLS Traffic Engineering.

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@antarix.net)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 08:15:52 EST

Dear All,

Once again here I am with a query in my mind. have a doubt in Traffic
Engineering which has been haunting me for quiet some time. Assuming the
following scenario -
Customer ABC-Corp has three sites in a provider's MPLS cloud connected in
a way as follows -
(Site A - Site B )
(Site A - Site C )
Customer XYZ-Corp has two sites in a provider's MPLS cloud connected in a
way as follows -
(Site D - Site E )

Can I configure strict source based routing within the MPLS cloud based on
a list destination RD values, or even probably based on destination RD:IP
Prefixes. To be more specifc, I would like certain traffic to a particular
destination RD / IP Prefix to choose an specified traffic engineered path
on the core, & other traffic choose another path. Is this achieveable on a
single PE router. Probably traffic withing ABC-Corp choose backbone link
1, & traffic of XYZ-Corp choose Backbone link 3.

Kindly enlighten me.

With warm regards,
Vinod.