Re: SSH on other Cisco models?

From: Daniel L. Golding (dan@netrail.net)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:36:09 EST

One caveat - ensure that whatever version of code is

1) 3DES
2) Containts the bug fixes inherent in 12.0(14)S1 and later. These include
several 100% cpu bugs, and a bug the severely screws up windows SSH
clients. 12.0(11)S3 was almost unusable for SSH due to these bugs
(i.e. you always had to ssh to a unix host, then ssh back out to the
routers).

For those using 2600s as term servers, this code rocks:

  1 4678812 c2600-k4p-mz.120-14.S1

Notice the VERY short length. Runs SSH on a stock unit.

(For those unfamiliar, many good sized ISPs use 2600s with async serial
cards as term servers for OOB, like the old PortMaster 2's. They rock)

Daniel Golding NetRail,Inc.
"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"