[nsp] REG: Switching performance

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@antarix.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 02:44:26 EST

Dear All,

Once again here I am with some doubts in my mind. On a Cisco 2610 router
connected to an upstream core ISP using an E1 link, Does configuring
Netflow switching on the LAN, & WAN interfaces which are hosting quiet a
bit of access-lists provide any performance benefits.

Since I am using the rate limitting (CAR) on the Ethernet, & Serial
interfaces, I believe I would need CEF to be enabled on these interfaces.
Can I have both CEF, & Netflow switching configured on the same
interfaces? Kindly let me know whether it would be okay, & will both
switching mechanisms provide benefits in terms of performance.

Kindly advice

Vinod.