Supernetting using 12.0.12 and EIGRP

From: Dan Wilson (dan.wilson@maryville.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 11:21:43 EST

I realize that it should be a trivial exercise, but for some reason I'm
having a bit of trouble supernetting on EIGRP using 12/0/12 IOS. You can't
use wildcard masks in the network statements with this version, and if you
configure a summary on the interface it may or may not work.

I had a plethora of possibilities suggested by Cisco technicians, including
a static route to null with the supernet, and redistribute static under the
eigrp configuration.

Has anyone any good experience with this?

Thanks very much,

Dan Wilson