Re: [nsp] enquiry on tacas

From: Rich Sena (ras@poppa.thick.net)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 08:00:55 EST

Yes you can do all this Eric...

First, download the following...

tac_plus.F4.0.4.alpha+acl+libwrap.tar.gz you can get this from
http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus

This has a few neccessary features all ready set in the Makefile (acl
support, tcp wrappers support,...)

Then you need to add this...

<excerpt from tacplus-l>
If you mean you want it to use the shadow library (use both password and
shadow in conjunction), then you have to compile tac_plus with
SHADOW_PASSWORDS enabled; look in tac_plus.h and put a

#define SHADOW_PASSWORDS

inside the #ifdef LINUX section and then compile tac_plus with make.

If you want to make tac_plus read ONLY the /etc/shadow file, it will not
work, because the /etc/shadow file has more than 6 colons in each entry,
and you shouldn't change the structure of your shadow file (?). Tac_plus
without SHADOW_PASSWORDS support is in fact expecting the old-style
password file format that contained encrypted passwords (6 colons
only). Also note, tac_plus can't read the system /etc/shadow file
directly
unless it is run as root.

</excerpt from tacplus-l>

Then compile the little bugger and you should be smokin...

Hope that helps...

On Jan 31, 2001 Eric Chan reported:

--
Rich Sena - ras@thick.net