Re: [nsp] ARP Behavior

From: John Gonzalez/netMDC admin (ekool@ns1.netmdc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 14:31:54 EST

Just some weird behaviour i've noticed from a device, dunno if its my
setup, or something else i'm doing wrong.

I have a BVI setup over an ATM circuit. When the ATM circuit goes down,
the router breaks down the BVI group as well, and when the circuit comes
back up, it rebuilds the BVI and all is well again. However, the client
must ping the router, or the router must ping the client to reset the
ARP.. if the client tries to pass any data THROUGH the router, the router
refuses to update the ARP table and let the traffic flow. Only a ping
to/from the router fixes the problem?

--
John Gonzalez / johng@netmdc.com / johng@tularosa.net
Tularosa Communications, Inc. (505) 439-0200 voice / (505) 443-1228 fax