[nsp] max MPLS VPN actually implemented

From: Edward Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 03:13:51 EST

Hi,
  I was curious to know which large ISP's have implemented MPLS VPNS. Also, would like to know how many VPNS have theese ISP's actually really implemented.

also, I wanted to know how many ISPs have implemented MPLS over FR ( encapsulation of FR ) , not an FR switch behaving as a P LSR.

Also, if PE and P functionality is implemented on the same box ( say a 7513 ) and I need to run MPLS VPNS with static routes at the customer end ( leading to minimal routes in each VRF ) and theese routers say have the following specs :

Static routes : 300
BGP routes : 500

7513 with 128 megs of RAM

What could be a conservative figure as to the number of VPNS that I can support . Say each VPN on an average has 4 sites ?

Is it true the AT & T have migrated to MPLS on FR and have renamed the service something like IP enabled FR services ? How many customers do they have on board ?

Thankx in advance

Edward