RE: [nsp] CEF, BGP tables and memory

From: F. David Sinn (dsinn@cisco.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 10:54:22 EST

The entire BGP table is not copied into CEF. The entire routing table is.
Depending on your policy, your routing table should have fewer entries then
your routing table.

CEF is a all or nothing proposition since when you enable it, it is how the
router routes all unicast IP packets. You can't selectively pick a
switching path based on the prefix you are looking up.

128MB should be enough for two BGP peers and CEF. What problems are you
running into when you enable CEF?

David