RE: [nsp] Cisco Catalyst 3000 "stack" cables

From: Frank Bruce (fbruce@cisco.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 20:56:15 EST

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/ca3000.htm

You must order a new stack port module, the cable comes with it and accounts
for 90% of the item (this is a very expensive cable). This is why it is not
priced separately. ws-x4004= (it's a proprietory 1m cable with 50 pin SCSI-2
connectors).

How-ever

Catalyst 3000 Family Ethernet Switch End-of-Sales (EOS) Announcement(January
1999)

Cisco Systems announces the End Of Sales (EoS) for the Catalyst® 3000 Family
of Ethernet stackable workgroup switches and line cards effective June 25,
1999.
Catalyst 3016B, 3100B, and 3200B orders will continue to be received only
through June 25, 1999. Orders must be received by Cisco Systems Customer
Service no later than June 25, 1999. These products will continue to be
supported according to the standard Cisco EoS support policy.

Probably best to trade them in, rather than trying to RMA them.

Regards

Frank Bruce
Consulting Systems Engineer
NSP West, Cisco Systems Ltd
      | | | 3 The Square, Stockley Park
     :|: :|: | Uxbridge, England. UX11 1BN
    :|||: :|||: | Office : +44(0)20-87568000
 .:|||||||:..:|||||||:. | The Views Expressed Are My Own
 C i s c o S y s t e m s | And May Not Reflect Cisco's
All Cisco technical support should be conducted via the TAC.
** How to use the Cisco TAC **
http://www.cisco.com/public/support/help.shtml
TAC Newsletter
http://www.cisco.com/public/news_training/itsnews/subscribe.shtml