Re: [nsp] Multiple T1s versus MLPPP

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 21:45:58 EST

we will load-balance between 8 equal cost paths in 12.0()S, and 6 in
other releases of code. due to the cpu overhead with mlppp, if you can
load balance, load balancing is recommended. the cpu impact varies
by platform. particle based platforms (7200/3600/2600/etc) can implement
mlppp more efficiently then non particle based platforms (7500/4700/4500).
however the difference becomes less important with links faster then 768k,
as there is no reason to do multilink fragmentation, and multilink
fragmentation should be disabled in this case.

regards
.siva