Re: [nsp] REG: Cisco 7513

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 01:32:25 EST

Hi,

Thanks a lot, I think I have been a little confusing. Actually the
scenario is such - I have been trying to configure a Cisco 7513 with a
PA-MC-8E1 adapter connected with a Channelized E1 Data circuit (It does
not use R2 / PRI Signalling). The idea is to offer fractional data
services for customers. So typically I would have multiple E1 streams
connected to downstream customers, & few E1 streams connected to my own
upstream providers using the whole E1 circuit, without any channelizing.
Its a mix & match. My config is as follows -

controller E1 1/0
framing NO-CRC4
linecode hdb3
clock source line primary
channel-group 0 timeslots 1
channel-group 1 timeslots 2-15 17-18

interface Serial1/0:0
description *** Link to customer xyz 64 Kbps ***
ip address <address>

interface Serial1/0:1
description *** Link to Upstream provider 1 Mbps ***
ip address <address>

The E1 controller seem to show the status as up. But the Telco providers
are telling me that the switch is showing that the line is indicating
synchronization errors.

Please advise on what could be done.

With warm regards,
Vinod.