[nsp] Layer 3 IX and route servers

From: Basa, Angelito A. (BasaAA@etpi.com.ph)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 01:15:57 EST

Hi!

been planning how to implement a Layer 3 IX (from an existing Layer 2) using
a 7507 or 7200 as central peering point. Can anyone point to me where to
find resources for the design.
Our layer 2 IX is currently on a pair of Cat4003 switches with 32 FE ports.

I'm particularly interested on the issues involved, guidelines whatsover.

Final plan is to use our existing Cat5505 switch (to be duplicated for
future redundancy) for the setup by buying an RSM. Any ideas how to
implement? I have available the Cat5505 chassis with dual power supply,
Supervisor Engine III w/ NFFC II and a 24 port FE (WS5225R)...

Also how to implement a secure route server for the setup is needed.

any references and help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Tito