Re: [nsp] oam-pvc manage

From: Rafi Sadowsky (rafi@noc.ilan.net.il)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 02:44:45 EST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Charley Kline wrote:

> I just recently turned on oam-pvc manage on most of my AADS NAP PVC's.
> Apart from the ones going to peers that don't do OAM (presumably, what,
> Cisco 4500's or something?),

 Some versions of 12.0S on 75XX Cisco's don't do OAM due to bugs
(This is from personal experience at the Chicago NAP :-( )

> it's working pretty well, except a handful of
> them are reporting sporadic down/up transitions.
>
> Is there a more reasonable set of up/down timers I can use, or is this
> really an indication of flaky PVC's? Or is this all just a bad idea? :)

 Well after each recent maintenance at AADS NAP we totally lost some PVC's
for days/hours - and complaining about one PVC being down or connected to
the wrong place has resulted in all our PVC's going down ;-(

 Does that count as flakey ?

- Rafi