[nsp] route-reflector design for MPLS VPNS

From: Edward S. Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 07:56:09 EST

Hi Guys,
     For MPLS VPN scaling, it is suggested to have
route-reflectors to reduce load on PE routers. Now,
Each PE router Peers with the route reflectors.
     If I have 2 route reflectors a & b and 5 PE
routers - A,B,C,D,E routers A,B,C have VPNS 1 and 2
                     routers D and E have VPNS 3 and 4

Now I Configure A,B,C to be route reflector clients of
route-reflector server a

I configure routers D and E to be route-reflector
clients of route-reflector server b

Now , DO I configure route-reflectors a and b as
normal IBGP clients, or do I configure a and b part of
the same cluster ?
If I configure a and b as normal IBGP peers do MBGP
routes flow from one client to other non-clients (
normal route-reflector behavior ) . If this is the
case, do I not loose the benefit of not loading PE
routers with routes to networks which are not directly
connected networks ?

Rgds,

Edward

=====