[nsp] Cisco 7206-VXR disaster recovery.

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 08:41:58 EST

Dear David,

Thanks so much for the reply, I tried connecting the TFTP server directly
to the Fast-Ethernet interface on the NPE 300, & issued the command "boot
c7200-js-mz.121-6.bin 192.168.1.1" I recieve the following error message

" An alternate boot helper program is not specified (monitor variable
"BOOTLDR" is not set) and unable to determine first file in boot flash
load prog% error - on file open boot % cannot load "c7200-js-mz.121-6.bin
192.168.129.1".

I do not find any vaild images on any of the flash disks, & the system is
totally empty.

I forgot to mention, that the router is currently stuck in ROM-Monitor
mode.

Kindly advise me on what could be done.

With warm regards,
Vinod.