RE: [nsp] IOS for MPLS features

From: Scott.Keoseyan@BroadWing.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 16:40:05 EST

Hmmm... must be nice, but I have not had such luck. I am running several
3640 chassis in an MPLS/mpBGP testbed and I have been experiencing problems
specific to 8-port IMA cards with this version. When I have an IMA group
configured and the router is reloaded or reboots after a power failure, the
router goes into an endless reboot cycle punctuated by a SegV error sometime
during the reading in of the config. If I abort the boot and load with my
config-reg set to ignore the config, then I can load successfully and then
do a config mem and no shut the interfaces... all is well until the next
time I experience a reboot. If I pull the IMA card out and reload, all is
well. If I simply shut the ATM interfaces on the IMA card and reload, all
is well... I only have a problem when the IMA group has active interfaces in
it and the router is reloaded.

There is a new release of this code available for the 3640... 12.1(5)T4
which I am going to get around to downloading sometime...

Scott