Re: [nsp] QOS or Queuing or what?

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 20:05:34 EST

I was looking into this already; I believe Cisco did not put this into its
boxen and IOS because of the CPU requirements of watching each and every flow.
It could be possible as an extension to Netflow since that puts a little state
in the switching process, but if you could look at the vendors of dedicated
gear they put the flow-watching functionality into ASIC's.

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728