Re: [nsp] REG: OSPF Route filtering.

From: Majdi S. Abbas (msa@samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 12:04:11 EST

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:48:18PM +0530, Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni wrote:
> Sorry If I sound ignorant, But Can I could use the "distribute-list in"
> command under the OSPF process used in conjuction with extended IP
> access-lists as given below in one of the routers which need to recieve
> the update from a particular core router. Or else could I only use
> distribute-lists with only standard acess-lists.

        You can't really filter routes within OSPF. Why not just
try it and see what happens. You can tweak the costs as needed to
prevent traffic from going the wrong way, but this might work the
way you want it to out of the box. Plus, that way, you retain a
working default if one connection goes down.

        --msa