[nsp] How to get to the switch console from the MSFC on 6500?

From: Kent Yu (yux@lucent.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 14:01:28 EST

Hi all,

After telnet to MSFC2, how can I get to the CatOS console of the Supervisor?
I do not have the ip address of the sc0 of the switch.

I noticed the following internal interface on the MSFC2:

EOBC0/0 is up (if_number 2)
  Corresponding hwidb fast_if_number 2
  Corresponding hwidb firstsw->if_number 2
  Internet address is 127.0.0.12/8

I guess this is the console interface of MSFC and when we do "switch console" from the supervisor, we actually telent to this interface, so I tried to ping 127.0.0.11 by guessing it will be the internal interface of the switch. I got response from 127.0.0.11, but I could not telnet to it.

Thanks
Kent Yu