Re: [nsp] HSSI Card Limitations ?

From: Kevin Gannon (kevin@gannons.net)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 15:44:08 EST

At 03:26 PM 3/12/01 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:01:12PM +0000, Kevin Gannon wrote:
> > We are looking at using a HSSI interface on a 7200 for frame realy
> > connectivity. One of my customers mentioned that there is a limitation
> > of 16Mbps on the Cisco cards.
> >
> > Is anyone running a HSSI card at higher speeds ?

I know that HSSI can manage 52Mbs but I mean can the
Cisco's push the cards full rate. Sounds very daft I
know a 7200 can push well in excess of this I am more worried
about some Cisco "feature" with the PA's themself.

I have hit things like this with ATM cards and VBR
PVC's on the 7500 AIP's Grrrrrrrrr. I love when the
TAC tell you these features and then say they are not
documented.

Thanks & Regards,
Kevin