[nsp] REG: MPLS AND BGP

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 03:30:48 EST

Dear All,

Thanks a ton for all the valuble suggestions I have been recieving. I am a
little confused on two aspects, I would greatly appreciate your
suggestions.

Facing a situation where-in a single Cisco 7206-VXR router performs the
following functions -

1. Aggregates MPLS VPN circuits providing Intranet, & Internet access.
2. Aggregates non MPLS circuits (Only pure Internet leased access)
2. Connects to an upstream provider running eBGP.

How would I enable the router to exchange iBGP routes with internal iBGP
peers, MP-iBGP routes with internal MP-iBGP peers, & eBGP routes with eBGP
peers.

Will this configuration be okay.

router bgp 1
  neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 1 (MP-iBGP Peer)
  neighbor 1.1.1.1 update-source loopback0
  neighbor 2.2.2.2 remote-as 1 (iBGP Peer)
  neighbor 2.2.2.2 update-source loopback0
  neighbor 4.4.4.4 remote-as 5 (e-BGP Peer)
  network y.y.y.y mask 255.255.0.0 (MY-AS Prefix)
  network a.a.a.a mask 255.255.255.0 (Customer's Public Prefix)
!
address-family ipv4 vrf VPN-A
 redistribute ospf 100 match internal external 1 external 2
!
address-family vpnv4
     neighbor 1.1.1.1 activate

exit-address family

router ospf 100 vrf VPN-A
redistribute bgp 1 subnets metric 20
network 10.2.1.4 0.0.0.3 area 0

Will this configuration announce private prefixes to the MP-iBGP peers,
Public prefixes learnt from external AS'es to iBGP peers, & prefixes
belonging to my AS to eBGP peers.

The other question is Now I am redistributing BGP into OSPF per VRF, When
I say "redistribute BGP 1", won't all the BGP routes (iBGP, MP-iBGP of all
VRF's, & EBGP if any) get populated into the VRF table? How do I ensure
that only the routes of a particular VPN only populate the VRF?

Kindly enlighten me.

With warm regards,
Vinod.