Re: [nsp] a question on LATE COLLISION

From: Steve Yingst \(LMF Staff\) (runner@lmf.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 15:03:51 EST

Tatsuya,

What speeds are you running at, while CAT3 generally will work with 10 meg,
I wouldn't even want to touch it with a 100 meg link. The CAT5 has a
certain amount of twists per inch, which is different for each of the four
pair in CAT5. A good reference for this type of information as well as
other info is... The full driver disk for an Intel Pro NIC card, I'm not
sure if they still bundle it or not but when you expanded the disk there was
a directory called INFO, if I'm not mistaken and in there there were a ton
of text files all of them having to do with various standards and
limitations, very generic information that was not strictly intel related.
Again I'm not sure if they still give you that information but it's worth a
try.

Steve