Re: [nsp] Forcing a Fast Ethernet Port Up/Up

From: Walter De Smedt (wdesmedt@pandora.be)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 12:29:54 EST

"Michael K. Smith" wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Is there a way to force an ethernet port to show up/up status even if there
> is nothing connected. I've used "no keepalives" on a serial interface with
> success but the same command doesn't appear to work with the FE port.
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> Mike

Is the on a 8 port FE LC for a GSR? If this is the case, a bug report is open
at Cisco for this issue. We ran into the same problems when we connected 2
routers (GSR and 7206) with a cross cable. Both interfaces where set to 'no
keepalive'. The interface staid up/up on the 7200 but line protocol went down
on GSR. We were using IOS 12.014S.

walter