Re: [nsp] Experience with NSE-1 and IOS 12.0S?

From: Christian Reichert (c.reichert@resolution.de)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 16:26:37 EST

Hi !

You can even use it with earlier IOS Versions, they might report
'unknown NPE' but it still works - even more stable than some 12.1E
versions:-)
You certainly won't have pxf nor any support from Cisco.

One more thing to mention about NSE-1, as long as PXF is turned on CEF
(Cisco Express forwarding) is broken ! (all versions so far)
This means if you use the 7200 as a MPLS PE, it won't work ... no pxf
solves the problem.

Another thing, some of our tests showed that with pxf turned on the
switching performance is less than without pxf ...

Cheers,
        Chris