Re: [nsp] [nsp] best practice for bgp load balancing with unequal bandwidth

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 07:47:46 EST

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:55:40AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> 3. Check with the upstream provider(s) what kind of "community" settings
> exist to control incoming traffic. This can often be finer grained
> than prepending.

Unfortunately, some of our upstreams have never head of what a "community"
 is ;(

What I do, is look at the Netflow stats coming from our different transit
links as a guide on who to AS-path prepend.

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728