Re: [nsp] REG: LABEL Distribution

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 08:50:38 EST

Hi,

If I have understood rightly, All prefixes which are not advertised
internally using an IGP, & advertised using any form of BGP (probably
Internet routes, & customer prefixes)excluding MiBGP will not have labels
generated. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Similarily if I have a 26xx router which does not support LDP / TDP
physically located on a Broadcast media such as Ethernet, where there are
other LDP / TDP routers present, How will route exchange happen between
the two class of routers. Will labels be generated, or will the routers
exchange IP Prefix updates based on the class of the neighbor. Just
guessing?

The 12.1(7) Enterprise IOS set, only has the "tag-switching ip" command
set, & supports only TDP, But the other MPLS commands are there including
traffic engineering commands, My question is an I set up LSP Tunnels for
TE, while using TDP on a Cisco only network. Kindly excuse me if the
question is a very basic one.

With warm regards,
Vinod.