Re: [nsp] atm configuration on ls1010 for stm1

From: Kevin Gannon (kevin@gannons.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 15:05:09 EST

At 06:18 PM 3/22/01 +0800, eric chan wrote:
>i have an LS1010 with 4 port SM PA, and would like to connect to stm-1 atm
>network
>i have setup the interface but found that there is alarm(red light on
>port), the interface is down, and there is PATH LOP error when i show
>controller atm . i am now sure of my configuration, does anybody know how
>to configure the interface on LS1010 correctly .

Hmm I would suspect the carrier. You can confirm your config partially by
looping
RX to TX on the interface and the port should come.

You also should confirm what the clock mode and scramble mode is with the
carrier. As I suspect that there is a mismatch of SDH paramaters with the
provider. There is only four or so combinations for the clocking and framing
so try them all and do a shut/no shut in between each.

You have probably tried the above so excuse me if I am pointing out the
obvious.

Regards,
Kevin