Re: [nsp] disabling auto logout

From: Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada (sid@mindless.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 06:27:10 EST

Martin Cooper <mjc@cooper.org.uk> writes:
> Ramin K <mr_list@netzero.net> writes:
>
>> I'd recommend against doing it. Set it to an hour or whatever if you
>> need to. At some point a week after you do it, you're going
>> to notice that all vty's are in use and you haven't hooked up a
>> console port yet so a 40 mile drive is in order to go clear out
>> the dead sessions.
>
> You can get round the problem of dead sessions by
> enabling 'service tcp-keepalives' on your routers.

Adding to a lengthy thread on a simple issue... If you are stuck then
you might be able to clear sessions with snmp (if you have write access
to the box). I *think* the oid thingy is some subset of: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9
Potentially saves you driving down there :-)

The best method is probably the x many hours one though.

> M.

Sid