[nsp] flashdisks vs flashcards?

From: Brent Sweeny (sweeny@indiana.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 12:07:16 EST

is anyone using flashDISKS on Cisco equipment? any concerns/gotchas?
(I'm familiar with the field note on them). what sizes are supported?
will any vendor of them work, or are there compatability issues?
are they supported in GSRs? they're not listed in the price list for
GSRs as they are for other platforms, which made me wonder.

and with regard to flash CARDS, even though larger ones than 20MB are
available for e.g. digital cameras and PCs, Cisco doesn't sell anything
larger than 20MB. Are larger ones supported in Cisco gear?
  thanks! Brent Sweeny, Indiana University sweeny@indiana.edu