RE: [nsp] tacas bugs ??

From: Young, Jason (Jason.Young@anheuser-busch.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 08:58:31 EST

AAA authorization is not applied to the console port. I ran into this while
configuring TACACS+ on all of our routers in my previous life. I forget exactly
what Cisco's rationalization for this is (something to do with functionality in
case the TACACS+ server fails), but it's documented in several places.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios113ed/113ed_cr/secur
_c/scprt1/scauthor.htm#xtocid225285

Jason Young
CNS - Network Design, Anheuser-Busch