[nsp] BGP Announcement Question

From: Michael K. Smith (mike@wackypackets.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 10:06:23 EST

Hello All:

I am facing two issues that appear to have two different solutions. I hope
I am missing something basic in my config that will solve both issues at the
same time.

My present config uses a combination of the network statement and the
aggregate-address summary statement. Whenever the networks associated with
the network statement becomes unreachable by the router on which the
statements are present, that router withdraws its routes from its BGP peers.
However, because I am announcing the routes using the aggregate summary
address, they are showing up as Incomplete instead of Locally Originated in
the global routing tables.

So, I would like to use the network statements and the usual tie-down routes
in the static routing table, but I would also like to have the BGP edge
router withdraw its announcements automatically if a select set of
locally-originated routes become unreachable by the router. Does anyone
have a config snippet that would do this?

Thanks for any comments or solutions.

Mike