[nsp] Terminating IPSec tunnel inside VRF

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 00:15:41 EST

Hello good people,

I've a question: is termination of L2TP tunnel inside VRF is possible?
Consider L2TP tunnel initiated from inside of non-MPLS enabled cloud. If it
is, what is a good place to check out possible solutions and/or config
examples?

What I need is this: imagine non-MPLS enabled cloud, and on one side of the
cloud is access server, say 5300. On other end of the cloud is 7200 router,
which is running MPLS, and which is MPLS cloud edge router. What I need is
to enable dial-up client to dial into 5300, which will build L2TP tunnel
into 7200, particularily into one of its VRFs, and start PPP session with
client in such way, that client's traffic will go into VRF.

Any pointers are appreciated. (Sorry if I'm talking rubbish, I seem to think
this isn't gonna work, but I've been told by one of local cisco guys that it
will and I'm too sick now to analyze all factors and deduct it myself).

Thanks,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au